TRANSLATE

Friday, May 18, 2018

A Peek at Our Week 5/18/18

MARK YOUR CALENDARS:

** Newly added dates are marked with ** for those who follow and mark their calendars every week.

Thursday, May 24th: Art Show - 5-7 p.m.

Monday, May 28th: NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day

Thursday, May 31st: International Festival 6-8 p.m.

Thursday, 6/7: Children's Museum field trip

Friday, June 22: Last day of school for students. NOON release.

ASK ME ABOUTS: 

Ask me about...
  • a day in Ghana...This week we had a visit from Mr. Joe and Ms. Vida and they taught us about life in Ghana. 
  • the poems I read this week. What are some things I visualized as I read? If you have any favorite poems, please share them with me!
  • school tools...What tools do I use at school and how do they help me? 
  • how to measure in inches and centimeters. Have me show you my measuring skills!
  • what I observed about my caterpillar this week. What does it look like? How did it change? Why do I think it changed? What do I predict will happen next.
  • what I observed with my plant this week. What does it look like? How did it change? What do I predict will happen next? 

LOOKING FORWARD:

Looking forward, we will:
  • continue reading and writing poems. 
  • work in unit 15 in fundations, focusing on the vowel teams oo, ou, ue and ew.
  • begin wrapping up our opinion unit in writing.
  • continue observing our caterpillars and plants.
  • work more with place value in math.
Enjoy the weekend!